Thursday, September 4, 2008

Got a rock in my pocket. Make that 144 rocks.



Fisher came home from school yesterday with his shorts sagging down around the middle of his fanny, holding them up for dear life. He said "I got some more rocks for my collection." I thought nothing of it until a few minutes later when he was still in his room taking rocks out of his pockets. Maybe his pockets are just too small and they're hard to get stuff out of. Nope. Not the case.

The truth is, the pockets were BIG. Too big.

The kid had collected, over three recesses throughout the day, 144 rocks, and carried them all home in his pockets.

We put them in a bag for him to return to the playground today (these are landscaping rocks, mind you, not naturally occurring resources). But not before I snapped a quick pic of rock-obsessed Fisher and his prizes.

3 comments:

mattis0n said...

That is so funny. I can just see him walking down the street with all those rocks in his pockets- what a cute kid. Your family has so many smile moments!!

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

What is it with little boys and picking up rocks? I'm constantly pulling rocks out of my dryer that I have missed from little boys pockets. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about lizards, toads, and other critters like you do! ;)

Wendy said...

it's amazing how much you can fit in your pocket when you want something that bad! He's adorable!