Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Leave a message...

I've just realized something about myself.

When the phone rings anymore, I don't answer it. I used to run for the phone. "Hey someone's calling me! I must be loved!"

No more. Here's why:

1. About 95 percent of the calls that come into our home phone are either solicitors or kids' friends wanting to play. If my kids want to play they can answer the phone. And if a solicitor wants to talk to one of my kids, they can keep on callin'.

2. The phone tends to ring at the most inopportune times and I always get ticked off when I leave my important task to run around the house looking for one of our phones, only to either miss the call or have it be a solicitor. Chaps my hide.

3. Our phones typically hold only 2 minutes of battery time, so if I do end up answering it get cut off or I have to switch to the "tethered" phone in our office, and all heck breaks loose in the house when the kids know I'm on that phone and can't leave the office to, um, discipline them.

So... If you do love me and want to reach me. Call my cell phone.

No comments: