Monday, July 6, 2009

FHE Shortcut

It was 5:45 this Monday evening. Dinner was eaten and cleaned up. Yummy French Vanilla (ironically made with Mexican vainilla) was in the ice cream maker. But I had yet to come up with our Family Home Evening lesson. (What, doesn't EVERYONE plan the dessert before the lesson???) I had no idea what we were going to do.

I started rifling through my cabinet of former sharing time props/lessons, binders full of ready-made lessons, but nothing was popping. I saw the children's songbook in my stack and pulled it out. Bingo! It was the best FHE ever! We each chose two or three songs we like and we sang them (a capella, mind you). After each song we talked about the lesson that particular song taught. It was so great! We talked about how music can help us learn about Christ's gospel, and when we are singing it is its own type of worship.

Anyway, it was such a great lesson. So simple, but I think it carried a powerful message too. I love it when it works that way :).

No comments: