Friday, September 18, 2009

Fall is (ALMOST) Here!

If you go out of the house before 6 a.m. you'll feel the cool breezes that signify Fall in Arizona is just around the corner. Other signs: Utah fruit is coming down in full force. I made raspberry jam yesterday (that is just CRYING for me to make some bread today -- nothing like homemade bread and jam together!), I've got a box of pears softening up for canning next week and I expect to get my peaches next week as well.

I'm forcing myself to wait until next week to bust out the Halloween decorations, and I'm in serious craft mode. Not that I'm actually DOING any crafting, but it's the time of year I really wish I were a crafter.

Anyone else itching for fall to be here already??

3 comments:

nicole said...

I can't wait! It's even cooling down enough at night to get down to the park. And homemade jam sounds so yummy right now. I've got the crafting bug as well, but I'm hindered in the actual talent department. Is there going to be a Super Saturday with Fall/Winter crafts this year?

pcwajjs1 said...

I just realized that we can post from Dad's site. WooHoo! It has been raining and cool here for several days. The trees are already starting to turn. I'm so glad we get one more Fall.... we can see why people love to live in four season country. Funny, I was thinking about Halloween decorations today and then remember...oh, we're missionaries. Well, there's next year. Love you guys. Enjoy your BEFORE 6am cool weather. Hugs and Kisses, Grandma Conny

monica said...

I know I'm ready for Fall weather. Raspberry jam and homemade bread sound good. Maybe we'll hit up your house later! I just made some jam from Utah peaches the other day. Now you've made me think I need to bake up some bread.