Monday, February 15, 2010

Some random President's Day happenings

I woke this morning to my six year old singing, over and over again

"You give love.. a BAD NAME."

Later...

Case to me: Mom when are you and Dad not going to be married anymore?

Me: Well, Mommy and Daddy were married in the temple which means Heavenly Father will let us be married forever, even after we die and go to Heaven!

I say this thinking this will ease his little mind. Wrong. His face contorted into pre-cry mode and he threw himself at me in a huge hug and said "But I don't want you to die!"

Me: I won't die for a long long long long long long time. OK?

Case: Like when you're really old like Grandma? Not our Grandma in Arizona, but our Grandma in Utah. She's realllllllly old. Our Arizona Grandma is old too, I guess.

End of conversation. Off he runs.

Later...

I was sweeping the garage. Barefoot. I dropped one of the kids' scooters and the handle landed right on top of my big toe. OUCH!! It's all black and blue and swollen. And I can't bend it. Broken? Lesson: Wear shoes ya eejit!

And it's only 2 p.m. on this lovely President's Day. I'm sure more excitement awaits...

1 comment:

Alli grins said...

Too funny! Case is right.... May you live to be reaaaallllly old! That's so sweet, actually! I hope your toe heals quickly. OUCH! I think going barefoot is one of the big perks of living in AZ, so just enjoy it, but no more dropping heavy things on your piggies, deal? Miss you!!!!