Monday, May 17, 2010

It's pretty fun having twins

I've got to say, there are definitely perks of having two at a time... Case and Tess love each other so much, and they just hang together and entertain each other. Case has started taking care of Tess these last couple of weeks, which is funny since she's always been the mothering one of the two... Today Tess was in the shower and I kind of said to myself "oh, I need to get Tess out of the shower." Case hopped right up, went back to my bathroom, grabbed a towel and said, in a sweet sing-songy kind of voice "Tess, time to get out! I got you a towel!" As he was helping her into her towel he says this:

Oh, I wanted to tell you something else. I love you so much.

My heart gets so happy it aches when I hear that kind of thing! I just love it.

The twins won't turn five until November, so I have them at home with me for another year. I had looked into trying to get them into Kindergarten this year or a preschool that meets every day. But things didn't work out and I am SO GLAD! I can't imagine them being gone every day already next year. I would miss them so much. They are such a joy to have around -- they definitely keep me on my toes, but I wouldn't have it any other way :). I'm sure my friends who are around them a lot see it differently -- Case's screaming and Tess's running away -- but hey - they're mine and I love every bit of them!!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love it! I do miss those moments with my twins. They have temporarily grown out of "loving each other" I'll be happy when that comes back and they are the best of friends...though I accept that it may be a while before that happens.