Monday, August 9, 2010

Back in Session

It's back to school time once again! I remember the sleepless jitters the night before the first day of school when I was a kid, and last night I stood outside the room Emma and Fisher share listening to them talk about how excited they are for this school year.

The kids got up extra early this morning... I heard the dishwasher being unloaded before 6 a.m. Yes, that's right. Fisher was up, dressed, had his backpack packed and was unloading the dishwasher, and Emma was in the shower -- all before 6 a.m. No excitement there, right?

The twins will be home with me for another year, and I couldn't be happier. With their fall birthday they have lots of friends their age who are starting kindergarten, but I'm not ready for them to be gone, and I don't think they're quite ready yet either.

Here are my big kiddos on the way to their first day of school. I missed them today, but I'll admit I'm glad to be back to a more scheduled day.



1 comment:

The Eveland's said...

I'm sure going to miss your kids! They were a joy to teach!