So these crickets I've been buying to feed Liz the Lizard have become the bane of my existence. I've added a trip to Petsmart to my weekly to do's, and I purchase 14 crickets at a time. Which means I have to have a habitat to keep them not only alive but well fed and plumped up enough to be worthy of being eaten by a lizard. Said habitat is in a plastic box with holes punched in it, special cricket food and this jello like substance that keeps them hydrated (apparently a water dish is too much for them to handle -- they drown). I'm not kidding here. It's only my Mother's Love (for the kids, not the lizard) that keeps me going back for more.
This week, after my Petsmart run to purchase 14 crickets on Monday, we have seen an unusually high number of crickets roaming the house. I thought it was time to call the bug guy to get an extra treatment. Then I thought to look at the cricket habitat. It SHOULD have been crawling with 14 crickets. There were two left.
They're too dumb to know better than to drown in their water dish. But apparently they pulled one over on me and busted out.
Who's the dummy NOW, huh?
1 year ago
1 comment:
hahah that was hilarious katie x
Post a Comment