Today Jarad bore a quite eloquent testimony at church, reiterating President Monson's admonition that it is the duty of all worthy young men to serve a mission. Unfortunately Fisher was home with the chickenpox, and was unable to hear Jarad speak. So around the dinner table we were asking Emma if she could tell Fisher what Dad had talked about at church. Here's a little glimpse into the conversation after it became evident she needed some hints:
Dad: What did I say everyone should go on?
Emma: A diet?
Mom: When Fisher is 19, what will he be going on?
Emma: Twenty! (and this led into a romping rendition of Leisl and Rolf's Sound of Music duet...)
Jarad and I recognized the futility at that point, but we all had a good laugh at Em's clever responses. I'm sure if she'd listened to Jarad's testimony she wouldn't have missed the opportunity to go off on a "duty" tangent a la Nacho Libre.
1 year ago
3 comments:
That is awesome! Love Emma's answers!
hahahha I love your kids!
...your kids have your quick and witty sense of humor! all kidding aside, i was there, it was amazing!
Post a Comment