This may not even be a consideration in most households, for many reasons. But Sunday night posed a bit of an issue in our home. Two favorite authors. Two TV movies. Two channels. Two spouses. I'll let you guess who wanted whom, but the latest installment of Larry McMurtry's Lonesome Dove characters in Comanche Moon was up against Jane Austen's Persuasion on Masterpiece Theatre. Now, we are an old-school home with no cable/HDTV/satellite/DVR etc. etc. Only three TVs, two of which actually get reception, and one of those is a 13" TV/VCR combo I bought when I lived in New York (that tells you how old it is, and it's still kickin').
Jarad was gracious enough to scoot to the bedroom to enjoy his Comanche Moon on the 13-incher, and I loved loved loved Persuasion in High-Def (we do have a high-def TV, but not the service), although Captain Wentworth was far too handsome for his own good. I can't wait for the rest of the Jane Austen series on Masterpiece Theatre!
I call the big TV on Sunday nights at 9 until April!
1 year ago
1 comment:
What? No DVR? How do you pause a show your watching for 30 min. so you can deal with a screaming toddler, or go get a load of laundry out of the dryer without missing the really bad singers on American Idol? (yes, I'm speaking from experience)
Post a Comment