The downside of my feeling the fall effect is that I just want to spend all day in the kitchen. Today I made some yummy peach jam. Then I thought "well, what are we going to eat it on?" So I made some of my mom's famous crescent rolls. These are a Stastny family favorite, and we used to only have them on holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas). Back in the day it seemed like such a huge ordeal to make them, but nowadays with the advent of Bosch/Kitchenaid kitchen machines, they are a piece of cake (or bread, as the case may be).
I'll admit this to all of you because I know you love me and won't hold it against me (for too long): whenever I make these rolls it makes me want to listen to Christmas music. Remember a few weeks back when I mentioned that I was sad and Fisher suggested I listen to Christmas music? OK so I did. Sarah MacLachlan's Christmas album to be precise. It's a goodie.
So my home smells all yummy now, I'm in a holiday kind of mood and I am happy. A little stressed that I made jam and rolls, and am now on my blog when I SHOULD have been finishing my work that's due tomorrow. But oh well. Mama is happy today :).
9 comments:
Is this a SECRET recipe or do you share with a bestest Alaskan Friend?!
Yummy. We made peach jam at our house last week, too. Shoot, I wish I would have thought about playing the Christmas music while I was making it. That would have made it all the better. Oh, and those rolls look heavenly.
Carla
Embrace that Christmas music, Katie! I had the same urge not too long ago. I have been making Christmas crafts this week and loving it! Dave mentioned last week that Christmas is only 1 1/2 months away. I corrected him and told him it was really 3 1/2 weeks ago but he simply said, "No, the Christmas Season starts in a month and a half." I was never so proud of him for making such a concession. I guess after 12 1/2 years, I am finally starting to rub off on him!
I'm drooling on my keyboard over those rolls. And laughing so hard about the rock collection and the Little Mermaid story. Your kids are hilarious.
You must post the recipe for the rolls. Don't leave us hanging!
I am so glad to see you spelled "y'all" correct. As a *true Texan*, it always bugs me to see it spelled wrong. Y'all have a good day ya hear?! (said with a Texan accent)
♥ that Sarah CD and your rolls look SOOOO yummy!
I love that it's finally cooling off and I can turn on my oven again. I think it's missed me as I've only used it twice all summer and I can't wait to start baking again! Those rolls look fabulous and I bet the jam was wonderful with them!
It's weird to me to think that you have to wait till a certain time of year to use your oven...there comes out the Alaskan in me :) But I wanted to let you know you inspired me to make the rolls too, I had been meaning to make them for a few days and after reading your post I finally did! But sadly, not to Christmas music. Eric has banned it from the house till Thanksgiving :)
Hey, Guess what! I just tagged you! This is my first "tagging" experience! so fun!
Post a Comment