I haven't had a ton of time lately to sit and ruminate on life (ie blog). But today I would feel awfully ungrateful if I didn't take a minute to ... no I'm not going to bear my testimony (tee hee) ... say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my awesome Emma. She turns Great 8 today! So in honor of the Great 8, here are (DRUMROLL PLEASE)
EIGHT THINGS I LOVE ABOUT EMMA
1. Her silliness. Granted, when it's ill timed, it can be awfully annoying. But most of the time I love that she doesn't take things too seriously, least of all herself!
2. Her chameleon personality. Emma makes new best friends everywhere she goes. She'd be BFF with Bigfoot (or El Chupacabra if you're a fan of Scooby Doo and the Monster of Mexico) if she met him at the park. I think everyone thinks they are Emma's best friend. And in all honesty, they probably are! And she thinks she's everyone else's best friend too.
3. She's a great big sis and has a "mother heart."
4. I love her Angel Kisses (freckles) and dimples. There's something about Emma's looks that compels complete strangers to approach her and tell her she looks just like Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. Yikes. I hope she doesn't follow their tracks too closely, but if there was just SOME way to capitalize on it...
5. She wants to be good. She really does WANT to. And most of the time it happens, but I love the desire in her to be a good person.
6. She likes to shake her boo-tay, and is always up for a dance off (she even likes ABBA and (much of) my 80s music!).
7. She appreciates her family -- I'm not talking about Jarad and I and the kids. I'm talking about her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Ever since she was little, she has felt a close connection to them. Even those who live far away!
8. She has a strong will and is totally sure of herself (ie a know it all like her mama). I know that, while these might be trying personality traits when she's young, if I can help nudge them in a good direction she will be a strong force for good.
So Happy Birthday Little. I love you tons.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Emma! We love you!
Love Jessica, Eric, and Ethan :)
Post a Comment