Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Gotta love the mail-in ballot


I'm watching coverage of today's nightmare election lines, and I'm remembering the two-plus hours I stood in line to vote in the last presidential election. And I'm blissfully sitting in my living room not worrying about how I'm going to drag my twins to the polls and stand in those lines to cast my ballot. The only line I'll be standing in today is at the grocery store! All thanks to the genius of mail-in balloting.


If you requested an early ballot and didn't get it mailed in, which I know I've done before a time or two, don't forget that you can drop it off at any polling place WITHOUT STANDING IN LINE. Just get it in!!

And if you still need to get out but don't want to drag your kids with you, give me a call. I'd be happy to watch little ones while mommies go vote!

1 comment:

bethiepoos said...

oh katie
you better believe the carpenters are playing!! I am going to have to invest in this christmas carpenter cd you were raving about!!! I love the carpenters! (even though most of their music is totally depressing!!!)