Thursday, April 9, 2009

Breaking Free!

I busted out today. From my ill-child-imposed house arrest. Emma has been sick since Friday with a high fever, cough, the trots (sorry, tmi?). Poor thing. She has missed school all week, which, in turn, means I have been at home with her pretty much 24/7.

So today I left her at home for a much-needed 30-minute outing. Don't worry. She had a stack of movies, a water bottle and the phone nearby. I escaped 1/4 mile away to the kids' school where Fisher received the Character Counts award for his class this quarter! I'm so proud of this little guy... we weren't sure, when he started preschool, how he would do in structured, quiet settings. He was such an energetic and loud toddler. Turns out structure is just what he needed to thrive (and apparently something I lack in providing at home!) because he has done so well, and always receives glowing reports from his teachers.

It seems Fish wasn't sure what to think of all those people looking at him when he went up to receive his award. He kind of looks like he's getting his mugshot taken. Congrats Fisher. We love you tons!


2 comments:

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

Your lucky to have a girl that age. And that Emma is so responsible. I left Chandler by himself two weeks ago, while I ran to my mom's down the street for 5 minutes. (he decided to try my bear mace while I was gone) I don't think I'll be leaving him alone again for a while.

Heaton's said...

Katie my blog is private now if you give me your email i can invite you. my email is trexkh@aol.com