I have come to realize lately just why my mother wore mu'umu'us when I was growing up. No, I haven't taken to sporting big floral house dresses (mine have no flowers, thank you very much). But I have been wearing long flowing maxi dresses made from very lightweight fabrics. And which have no waistband.
When it's over 100 degrees, as it is today, I have no desire to be wearing anything that doesn't let the cool breezes flow (breezes from my central a/c and fans, mind you -- there is nothing cool about our weather outside today).
I think my mom was on to something all those years ago. Sorry I made fun of you all the time Mom. :) No doubt I'll get it from my daughters too, since I'm totally following in your footsteps.
Long live the maxi dress!!
1 year ago
3 comments:
i didn't even know how to spell mu'umu'u...a laugh and a spelling lesson!
somehow, you make them work though KT. I wish they looked as cute on me, and that I wouldn't get total glares from all the Alaskans as I walked down the street in one.
Maxi's? i don't know if I can call them that...I'm going for "Modern Day MooMoo" ha ha or mu'umu'u if you will! You can sport it b/c you're so stinkin cute!
Post a Comment