Did anyone else hear this? Seriously, I think even my parents in Utah probably heard him say this, it was so loud...
In the middle of Sacrament meeting on Sunday Case is sitting on my lap facing me. All of a sudden he says, starting out rather quietly, "let me see your big boobs," and grabs the top of my shirt so he can look down. I, of course, start doing the Shelby Shake (for those of you who don't know my dad, he doesn't laugh out loud often, he just gets those shoulders a-shakin' - it's the most appropriate laugh for those oh-so-quiet times, such as church). I'm taking his hands away and telling him no, but he just keeps saying it, getting louder and louder each time: LET ME SEE YOUR BIG BOOBS! I am paralyzed with laughter and I have no idea how to get him to stop pulling on my shirt and yelling this. So I finally hand him over to Jarad and start fishing the snacks out of my bag. Maybe if I distract him... It worked. Boobs forgotten.
Jarad is now accusing me of planting the idea in Case's head, using the power of suggestion so that other people will also think I have big boobs. He only thinks this because this is precisely the ploy HE used in the "I know my dad is as strong as Superman" testimony-bearing incident a few years back.
Oh, and lest you think this is something we talk about within the private walls of our home, um, it's not!
1 year ago
6 comments:
That is hilarious!!! By the way we didn't hear it. We did enjoy the superman testimony though. :)
That is about the funniest thing I have ever heard. I would have probably needed to leave the room and just crack up. Way to keep your composure.
Its definately hereditary. (the shelby shake, not the boobs) Matt laughs like that all the time.
Oh, I SO wish we were sitting behind you in Sacrament meeting. That would've been worth staying awake for! I really think we have kids to keep us humble (and to teach us how to talk our way out of an embarrassing situations). Thanks for the laugh!
OMG!! The Shelby Shake is DEFINITELY hereditary, since I'm reading this post in my room while Jeff is sleeping and can't LAUGH out LOUD!!! I was "shaking" so hard, I finally went downstairs and let it all out! Hysterical Kate! Miss you!
this is what i love about you katie, i would be horrified and angry and start my..."when we are in church that is the time to be quiet...blah, blah, blah." you just have a great laugh about it.
Post a Comment