On Good Friday the kids and Jarad were all home, so we tried to make a fun family day out of it. Note I said TRIED. Emma had been sick all week but said she was feeling better. So we were going to hit REI to check out some gear for Jarad's Whitney climb (more about that in another post, perhaps) and hike A Mountain. We made it to REI and back to the car before Emma started to say she wasn't feeling well again. And all the kids were hungry. Quick Schlotzky's run (not my fave, but it's in the REI parking lot) and we were off. But Emma really deteriorated fast, and she was NOT up for a hike. So we went to Tempe Beach Park, ate our sandwiches, looked at the water for a few minutes and went back to the car. Consolation was that we got to drive around Tempe to look at all the new construction, etc. on campus. We got one decent picture of the day.
Jarad took the kids to Tempe again for Pat's Run. They did the .42 mile run, and had a blast. I'm pretty sure he agreed to take them so he could go to REI again.
Last week the kids had a half day, and the weather wasn't too sweltering, so I told Emma and Fish they could each invite a friend to come to the zoo with us for a couple of hours. I think they had fun! We were all pretty whooped when we got home though!
Finally, last weekend some friends of ours invited us to go camping. They do it right, I tell you what!! They were totally set up from Thursday to Sunday. We came up overnight, hitting Taco Bell on the way up so we didn't have to bring dinner food, we ate breakfast with them, and hit Pizza Factory on the way home so we didn't have to bring lunch food. It truly was a quickie campout. But super fun. The kids had a blast playing together, and we had some good firelight chats after all the chitlins were asleep. Thanks Rochelle and Scott! Let's do it again :).
Case was so excited all day to go to "the hunt." As soon as we got home he started asking when we get to go to the hunt again. He's thrilled (as are we girls) that it's Fathers and Sons this weekend! He gets to go to the hunt again on Friday!
Case tried to convince me that his shorts were wet b/c he fell in the water. Riiiiiight.
1 comment:
I can't believe how big Tes and Case are! I miss visiting with you... you always have the best stories!
Post a Comment