Forgive me for posting this three weeks late. No excuses.
We went to UT for Christmas again this year, and thankfully avoided the nasty weather we encountered last year. But we did get snow while we were there and enjoyed a beautiful white Christmas with my parents and most of my family (we missed you Matt and Jenn!).
There was snow play, pool, ping pong, air hockey, movies, bowling, last-minute shopping, fender benders, laughing, playing with cousins and eating, eating, eating. It was fantastic.
After five or so days with my family in Orem we headed to Fairview to spend a couple of days with Jarad's brother and his family. We love Fairview and always enjoy hanging out there.
I've come to the conclusion that the best way to do the holidays is to go away. I'll tell you why.
1. I was better prepared for the holiday since we left a week in advance, so I was able to really enjoy the time leading up to Christmas.
2. I always have a problem letting go of Christmas, and get a little depressed the day after. There's a month-long (or longer in our house!) buildup, and then the day gets here, and then there's the next day. It's like it's just over, but I'm still sitting here in my decorated house, listening to Christmas music. But there's nothing to look forward to. When I'm gone, I'm still having fun with family, and there's the going home to look forward to. It gives the holiday an ending point. Although if you walked into my house today you'd think I didn't quite get the hint about the ending point, since all my Christmas decorations are still piled in there waiting to be put away. I just took down Christmas this weekend :).
Anyway, some fun pictures from the trip...
Tess and her little cousin Avarie got matching dollies from G&G Stastny.
1 comment:
I'm with you... December 26th is absolutely the most depressing day of the year!
Post a Comment