Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Starting Over : Here's to you Mom

So can I just forget the fact that I haven't written here in eight months and start all over again? OK. Done.

I know my mother, for one, is wondering what I’ve been doing with my time since my last post. Duly noted, Mom. So here I go again. For now I shall give all my dear readers (again, hi Mom and Dad) a run-down of the things I have been doing since my kids went back to school. All of them. Gone. Leaving me home all by myself. With nothing to do. Except for:

Listening to my own music in the car. Whatever I want. Whenever I want. No movies. No Wiggles.

Coming and going without making sure two kiddos have shoes, clean faces, combed hair and seat belts.

Having conference calls without having to shut myself into my closet and lock the bedroom door.

Working out without fighting kids about going to the Kids Club at the gym, breaking up brawls while doing The Firm (laugh it up) at home, or scurrying to finish a workout before picking them up from preschool.

Being able to start a project and keep working on it until it’s done without having to help someone wash their hands, get the crayons down or clean up their mess. (Notice I said BEING ABLE TO. Quite different from actually doing it.)

Life is good! We have quite nicely, thank you, adjusted to being a family of school children, and are keeping ourselves quite busy... This month: Fisher's first Pinewood Derby; Emma's first sewing project complete (she made a super cute skirt and wore it to church!); Katie's first cycling "race" - a metric century ride (62 miles) on the 18th; Jarad's first Ragnar (a 200+ mile relay race) the next weekend.

Pictures and more frequent updates are promised. Promise.

1 comment:

Cami D. said...

You mean "PineWHEEL Derby"? :) You have a fun life!