Fisher and Emma were invited to a movie with some friends yesterday. I gave them money to buy tickets and a few treats. They spent ALL their treat money on a massive bucket of movie-theatre popcorn, doused in butter. Between the two of them, they consumed the entire thing (along with the candy their friends shared with them and the 32-oz Root Beers the friends' mom purchased each of them). Needless to say, come 6 pm we had two belly aches on our hands. Emma dashed off to a birthday party with the understanding that if she got too queasy she could call and I'd come get her. Fisher sat green faced at the dinner table and refused to eat anything except one piece of Dove Valentine's candy (mom of the year nomination for me). As Fish was heading to bed he mentioned yet again that he felt like he was going to barf. We sent him to his room with a bucket and hoped for the best. He made it across the threshold and puked. Thankfully into the bucket! I won't get into too much detail, but you can imagine the pools of movie theatre popcorn butter that we witnessed. Sorry Harkins, but The Curti won't be eating too much popcorn any time in the near future. Truth be told, we never let our kids have popcorn at movies, so the overload is partly our fault, as well as their oil-unaccustomed bellies. I think the funniest part of this whole story is that Emma came home from the party, which had been a Hollywood-themed birthday, with the most massive popcorn bucket. Guess what they had served at the party? Poor Emma... but you know she soldiered through and ate 1/3 of the bucket anyway.
Second: Burns
Friday night we got together with some friends for a firepit. Case was roasting some marshmallows, and at one point had the inevitable firebomb at the end of his stick. He got a little too close when trying to blow it out. He turned around and we saw his chin on fire! The melted marshmallow had stuck to his chin and it was still burning. Poor guy!

Third: Brilliance (I just needed another B word - seemed to fit)
Fisher has had one last requirement to earn his religious knot for several months now: to write a story, poem or play about a gospel principle. I gave him a deadline, so we finally sat down this afternoon to work on it, and he ended up with four Haiku. Here comes the brilliance...
Faith
Faith you cannot see
You can still believe in it
I have faith in God
Prayer
I can talk to God
When I say my daily prayers
I know He hears me
Fasting
I can fast and pray
Fasting can increase my faith
Does it work for you?
Scriptures
I can read scriptures
Scriptures tell me what to do
Do you read scriptures?
3 comments:
it wouldn't be a curti story if it didn't include a tale of someone barfing!! hahhah I love the curti!
I love Fisher's haiku's! Amazing! They made me cry. Movie theater popcorn does not sit well with us either. We always make our own air popped popcorn and hide it in my massive purse. It works and if they get upset, I tell them I love popcorn just not yours.
Is it just me, or do you seem to have more than your fair share of barfing at the Curtis home? Yuck! Hope everyone is feeling better and that Fisher won't forever have a negative association with movie popcorn! Welcome back to blogging! I've missed you:)
Post a Comment