Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wicked Awesome!

I can't tell you how awesome Wicked was! Emma and I had a great mommy-daughter night, thoroughly enjoying the music and story of Wicked. There were a few parts of the plot we hadn't figured out from listening to the CD, and I'm so glad we left some element of surprise. We both want to go again!

We were lucky to escape unscathed from the ushers who were confiscating cameras and phones to delete photos taken inside the theatre! Not kidding! We took a few "surreptitially" (when in Oz, speak Ozian, right?).

You can't really see the stage, but there's a big bat/dragon thingie and a map of Oz. You also can't see the carefully selected shirt Emma is wearing, boasting that "Green is Good"

There it is a little closer - what is it?

Emma with the head monkey after the show.


Unfortunately Santa didn't coordinate with our Relief Society President and my Book Club schedule when he ordered the tickets, so I ended up missing our Mother/Son activity and my monthly ever-so-deep discussion of what I'm sure was a valuable and lasting piece of literature.  Case and Fisher were adopted for the night by the nice mom of their friends - THANKS Libby!  They were way excited to go and couldn't have cared less if I went or not.

Which left Jarad and Tess home together for some daddy-daughter time. I haven't gotten the report on how that went, but when we left at 6 Tess had grand plans of a movie (Barbie something or other) and going out for ice cream. I'm sure Jarad was more than happy to oblige.

Once again it's midnight and I'm posting on my blog. I really need to get a life. And some sleep!

2 comments:

JessicaRindy said...

Glad you guys got to go! I went in November for the first time, right before I had Hailey. It was wonderful, even Eric enjoyed it!

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

Hey Katie,

A little bird told me you would be a great guest to feature on my Motivate Me Monday posts. Please see the MMM posts on my blog and let me know if you are interested. You look fabulous!! You must share your fitness journey/story. :) No pressure, just let me know what you think and I can give you more info. Thanks!! Jessica Washburn

runningtobeskinny.com