First up, Fisher's PineWHEEL Derby (that was for you Jarad... and Cami). His first! Jarad was really good about letting him design it, and he did pretty well! He made the top 8 (out of 30+ scouts) but didn't podium. He didn't even care. He had so much fun making the car and working with his dad on it, that every time he got to race it was just icing.
The following Saturday was the Girls Gone Riding 62-mile (100 kilometers) ride with my riding buddies Andrea and Danielle. We started out before the sun was up and with a few extra layers to ward off the (Arizona) cold. Up and over Usery Pass and back down to Discovery Park. The best part of the day, though, was coming home to a totally clean house (I have the best husband and kids!) and a looooong hot bubble bath. My kind of Saturday!! Next up: 100-miler in St. George at the end of April. My 8-week training program began today!
At the start...
Still standing at the finish!
And to round out the month was Jarad's Ragnar the following Saturday. A 205-mile relay race in 33 hours with 11 other people. Funny story: when Jarad signed up on the team it was 11 women and him. They got together for the first team meeting to discuss, among other things, their team name. I'm not sure why they didn't like my suggestions of The Fundamentalists or Big Love... I thought that would be hilarious! Jarad was on the team with some friends of ours who have kids the same ages as our crew, so all the kiddos and I had a big pizza and movie party Friday night, then drove out to cheer on the Pacemakers as they crossed the finish line. Well, truth be told, I put the pizza out, turned on the movie, closed my bedroom door and caught up on my Hulu queue. I paid for it the next day, though, when I had to clean up the mess :).
Here are the kids enjoying some free Jamba Juice.

3 comments:
Oh man! I loved your team names. That was hilarious. I love your blog posts!
Should have listened to you, Katie. Big Love is classic!
Ha ha ha ha! PineWHEEL I like you!! :) What a fun adventure you always have! You guys rock!
Post a Comment