It's a good thing I have a sense of humor about being a parent, because after our two-and-a-half hours at church today I was almost ready to throw in the towel. Honestly, I don't know how anyone who has twins even considers having more children.
Of course, church is right during the twins' naptime, so it's always a struggle. We were doing fine until Tess started whining loud enough and long enough that I took her out into the hall. A couple of minutes later Jarad brought Case out and left him with me so I had both whiny, tired babies to corral and keep semi-quiet. Neither venture was successful.
At one point Tess was running in one direction so I took off after her, at which time Case decided to run as well. Just as he was running (and crying very loud) past the door into the chapel, someone opened it and he ran, still crying very loud, into the meeting and straight up toward the stand. I dropped Tess where she was out in the hallway and ran into the chapel after Case, laughing my head off because I had just lost complete control of my children. Seriously I am the last person on earth who should have had twins. I just burst into hysterical laughter when I lose control.
After the meeting was over Jarad appeared in the hallway with Fisher -- who had blood all over his shirt and tie. Apparently while Jarad was out in the hall trying to find me so he could hand over Case, Fisher and Emma broke out into a brawl in Sacrament Meeting. Emma ended up with a bloody nose first, then about 10 minutes later Fisher's nose started bleeding. They must have really gotten into it.
The good news is that the Curtis Family provided some much-needed comic relief to everyone in the congregation since it was High Council Sunday and people were starting to doze off.
1 year ago
1 comment:
Okay, can I just say thank you Katie, for making me feel like I'm not a complete loser of a parent? Matt and I laughed so much when we read your church experience. We sometimes feel like we have twins, with Morgan...luckily, we sit next to Grandma and Grandpa, so the ratio of 4 to 3 works a little better. Except for days like today, when my dad sat up with the 1st counselor, who was flying solo today. As soon as Morgan saw him, all she wanted to do, was 'go see papa'. Thanks again Katie!
Post a Comment