Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Trauma Tonight...

Well, I wasn't sure what I was going to write about this week... nothing exciting has happened in the last few days. Until tonight. Be careful what you wish for...

Around 7:30 tonight I came back from Emma's Tae Kwon Do class and Jarad met me in the garage before I could get into the house. He brought me into my office and said "Sit down. We had an incident. It's been taken care of, and I've already talked to Fisher about it. He feels really really bad."

I hear Fisher crying in his room. I start, of course, freaking out in my head, thinking about what he could have ruined in the house (furniture, floors, walls). Jarad said "he got a hold of scissors."

Still didn't register. I thought first of my brand new leather office chair I bought today. Pictured my big red couch torn to shreds. Jarad said "He did a hack job on Tess's hair."

Yes. Teslin's beautiful toeheaded curls are history. She had a little ponytail on the top of her head. He cut it off. She had long curls past her shoulders. Gone. I said "did he get to Case too?" Jarad said, "no, but we probably have to cut his hair now so it's not longer than Tess's."

Ah. I'm so vain about Teslin's hair, it's probably a lesson for me. Thankfully the girl who does my hair lives about 2 minutes away, so I called her and she evened it out for me. I swear people will think I have identical twin boys now.

So here's the evidence (I didn't have the wherewithall to take a picture before the fix, this is after the hairdresser evened her out):



And a rear shot...



And since I'm posting... Case got a hold of Emma's jawbreaker (she's been working on it since May). What sugar??? And, be sure to check out the picture over his left shoulder. That's Fisher just a little younger than Case is now. Can anyone say family resemblance?

No comments: