Friday, September 28, 2007

Blessedly boring post

Life seems pretty boring these days, but then you step back and think “well, thank Heaven for that!” We’ve been getting outdoors a lot more these last couple of weeks as fall has arrived in Arizona. The evenings and mornings are absolutely perfect (dare I say I even felt a bit of a chill on my bare arm one morning as the sun was coming up?), but it’s still reaching the mid- to upper-90s during the day. Give us two more weeks and I will be blissfully happy with the weather (which I haven’t been able to say for about four months).

Fisher, the twins and I walk Emma to school every morning, and she is infernally jealous that we get to stop to play at the park on the way home while she’s slaving away in first grade. My motivation, though, for letting the kids play for, oh, say an hour or two, each morning is that I’ve been reading the third book in the Twilight series. I can’t justify sitting in my house all day and reading, but if the kids are getting some fresh air and exercise, my hands are tied, right?

Thankfully, for the sake of my family’s nutritional intake and the state of cleanliness of my house, I just finished the book. Which is also why I have an extra second to update everyone on my blessedly uneventful life.

Emma brought home her school pictures today. Beauty, eh? If you look close enough at her necklace, you'll see it has a picture of Troy and another charm that says "I love Troy." If you have to ask "who's Troy?" you're either lucky to NOT be a parent of a 7-year-old girl, or you're totally out of touch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm is it Troy form High School Musical? I guess I'm totally out of touch with Emma's world...But I'm TOTALLY in touch with your TWILIGHT world! I was so addicted when I finished V3, that I went to her website where she re-writes the 1st chapter of V1 from Edwards perspective...it was 20 more pages of reading bliss!!! What am I going to read this whole year till V4 comes out? Katie...where are you - did you stop reading me to go to stephaniemeyers.com...KT....Kt?????? Love ya!