Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pee-a-holic?

I know I wasn't the easiest kid in the world. But I know that even more so now that I have a mini-me in Emma.

When I was a kid, for some reason, every time I saw a public restroom I had to pee. Did I just want to check out the digs? Maybe. Did I have some sort of Pavlovian response to the sign? Possible. Whatever it was (I'm proud to say that I have outgrown it and now have rather an aversion to public restrooms), I have passed it along to Emma. It is the most infuriating thing to be in a hurry and have your seven-year-old all of a sudden start hopping around like she's going to wet herself. When you know she JUST WENT 30 minutes ago.

So Mom and Dad, allow me to say publicly that I am truly sorry.

1 comment:

Colette said...

I actually had the same problem when I was younger-but unfortunately I didn't out grow like you did!! Which really sucks as an adult-I'll be right in the middle of shopping-and-"Uh Oh, gotta go!" At times it's really annoying! Luckily, so far I haven't passed it on to my kids, but hey-their still young. :(