Monday, December 3, 2007

countdown to Christmas

So I have this little Santa guy that counts down the days to Christmas. Every year he is a source of joy for me as I remove one star every day as the holiday approaches. Just so smug that I'm ready for the Big Day. I always have my shopping done (or at least a short list of what I still need to purchase), cards out, baking done and delivered to the neighbors...

This year those stars represent a heavier weight on my chest as I realize that every is one less day I have to get all that stuff done! Not only have I done next to NO shopping yet, we haven't even taken our family picture for our cards, let alone sent them out. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to give my husband, who always puts me to shame with the thoughtful gifts he comes through with. And neighbor/teacher gifts? If anyone has an idea for something quick-and-cheap-yet-creative-and-thoughtful, let me know.

Well, at least as of last weekend I can find comfort in the soft glow of the lights on my tree. That's one thing I have done.

1 comment:

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

Hey, have you checked out a couple of the links on my blog? Tipjuckie.blogspot had some good ideas. I also posted a few of the things I'm doing. Good luck!