Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What I did on my Christmas Break...

You would think I've been so uber busy since Christmas that I just haven't had the time to jump on here and post pictures, give reports, etc. Au contraire! I've done nothing but sit on my rump for a week, and I'm just now getting motivated enough to creep back into reality. And so I blog.

We have had such a relaxing and wonderful holiday season. Lots of family visits, good food, laughter and games (thanks G&G Stastny for Holiday Jenga, it's provided much fun!)... we miss those we can't be with in person, but they are in our hearts for sure.

Our Christmas vacation higlights (after getting busted by the police):
Christmas, of course.
Emma's top gift was probably her first camera. She took 100 pics on Christmas day. Then (darn it!!) the batteries died. I just put new batteries in yesterday.



Fisher's fave is a tough call. Probably his walkie-talkies. Could be his army guys. Tomorrow it will probably be something else. That's what we love about Fish.



Teslin and Case probably equally adore the babydoll set up Santa brought for Tess. And the camping gear he brought for Case.





Jarad came through, once again with the perfect gift for me -- this year he bought season tickets (yes, one for him too) to our local community theater. And from me he got his first six-string guitar. He'll be a self-taught prodigy in no time I'm sure (look out Prince!).

Sedona Getaway
G&G Curtis had some use-em-or-lose-em points on their timeshare, so they got us a couple of nights at a condo in Sedona. We feasted on frozen pizza, hot chocolate, cookies (OK cookie dough) and popcorn while the kids enjoyed the xanadu of a High School Musical double feature (I and II) on the Disney channel. And I drew guilty pleasure in my once-a-year purchase of celebrity gossip in the year-end double feature of People magazine. We didn't do much other than NOTHING, but it was fun to do it somewhere other than our house, and we didn't have to clean up afterwards!

Colossal Crossword Puzzle, Rubik's Revolution, Sudoku, etc.
Each year the Republic publishes a crossword puzzle the size of a double-page spread. We have almost finished it this year! Of course, we have spent quality time doing other mindbenders, but the Colossal Crossword has been my personal fave.

OK I think this has gotten long enough. That's why I need to post more often. I hope you all had a Christmas filled with joy, and here's to a prosperous 2008! This morning I was thinking of what 2008 has in store for us, and we have so much to look forward to! Emma will be baptized this year, Jarad and I celebrate 10 years of wedded bliss, mom and dad come home from their mission, the Stastnys are gathering for a reunion, and my parents will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary (which also means my dad will turn 70, old geezer!). Looks like 2008 will be great!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

Morgan got the exact same doll for Christmas! I'm glad I'm not the only one with little to no motivation during the holiday lull. I haven't done much of anything since CHristmas. Ask my kids and husband!