Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Early Morning Ranks

I've done it. I've joined the ranks of moms who get up at the crack of dawn just so they can do things ALONE. Isn't it amazing?

This morning my alarm went off a little after 5 so I could hop out of bed and get the grocery shopping done so I don't have to drag two or three kids with me. This is the third or fourth time I've done it and I have to say, the extra 45 minutes of sleep I would get PALE in comparison to the sheer ebullience I feel walking through the aisles with no begging, fighting, running/wrestling, grabbing etc. I buy less (no bribes necessary), I get it done faster and sometimes I even find myself whistling along to the Muzak (something I used to mock when I heard moms doing that).

Now, I won't say early morning shopping doesn't have its setbacks. For example, the only stores open that early are Albertson's and Walmart. Albertson's is just plain expensive. And Walmart is, well, Walmart. I also have been approached by JW missionaries as I'm loading groceries, in a hurry to get home so Jarad can leave for work. Actually, they had a nice message that got me thinking about the good things we have, so it wasn't a total negative. :)

Anyway, I'm a believer... in early morning shopping, not the JWs.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I love shopping by myself...the Bashas by me has free childcare while you shop! Seriously, best thing ever. Does your bashas do that? I know the Frys on ValVista and Warner does..you should try it! AMAZING!