So we don't have cable. I've never seen Jon & Kate Plus 8, but frequently get asked if I ever watch it. I now understand why people ask me! I watched a few episodes at the hotel we stayed at last week at Lake Tahoe (OK more than a few... Jarad is probably so sick of that show!) and I have to say, it made me feel so good (or less bad) about the way I deal with my kids and the frustration that comes with multiples. Though they have twice as many reasons to get frustrated, I still loved watching the way the parents handled their sticky situations, going out in public, disciplining, etc. And the way the older girls interacted with the little kids. Nice to see maybe it's just the older-younger affect. Or maybe just the age that causes Emma to torment the twins sometimes.
It's definitely not a situation of me looking at them and saying "I'd do things so much better." It's more "aaahhhh, I'm not such a crazy mom after all."
All that said, I'm VERY glad it's not Jarad & Kate Plus 8, and I'm happily confident it never will be Jarad & Kate Plus More Than Four.
1 year ago
2 comments:
we don't have cable either but i saw a special that was done on them last year. all i could say was "wow and how????" it was nothing but craziness!!
I watch that show sometimes, and think kate is brilliant! so glad I dont have 8 kids... urggg the thought gives me shivers!!
I think that Beth and Mark plus 2, is crazy enough!
ps glad you are back
Post a Comment