Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!

I suppose I should give a report about how much fun and joy we had on Thanksgiving (we really did!), but the weekend was such a blur and I've been reeling so much in the madness that I'm just now getting things back to normal. Unfortunately I didn't tote my camera around much, or I'd just give you the week in pictures, but my words will have to do.

Tuesday my dryer broke. In the middle of a batch of jeans and towels, with another batch waiting in the washer.

Wednesday morning by 8 a.m. I had paid a guy $50 to tell me I needed to buy a new dryer.

Wednesday afternoon I dropped a cool $100 on doctor visits and medications for my two boys: one had an ear infection, the other strep throat. Nice (he didn't even complain!!).

Thursday was amazingly relaxing. We ate a late dinner with Jarad's family, so we spent most of the day parade watching, pie making and sweet potato cooking. Oh, and removing stiff jeans and towels from every surface imaginable in the house. Thanks Cheryl for allowing me to use your dryer so I didn't have our underwear hanging all over the house as well. Jarad's only brother who lives out of state was here with his family, and we spent all weekend just hanging out at Joe and Wyndi's house, chatting, eating, letting kids play. It was great!

Friday I was forced to go out in the Black Friday mess. To buy a dryer. Woo hoo. I hate crowds. And I really didn't want to spend that money on a DRYER. For the love!!

Saturday the dryer was delivered and Jarad told the kids "Merry Christmas kids. This year you get DRY CLOTHES for Christmas!" Fisher, in his most sarcastic tone: Oh THAT'S great! We spent the day decorating for Christmas (mostly me griping at the kids to leave that stuff in the box until I'm ready to get it out! Don't break that! Nice Christmas spirit, right?).

And on Sunday, we rested. Ahhhh. Monday, though, I did about a million loads of laundry to catch up on what didn't get done last week. I wish I had taken a picture of the MOUNTAIN of clothes that covered my king-sized bed. If I'd been thinking, I would have done a Family Home Evening lesson on work and given the kids the "opportunity" to do a group laundry-folding sesson. Oh well.

So today, I'm back on top. And what do I choose to do with my first free moment? You're looking at it!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Isn't is amazing all that goes on behind closed doors... you're crazy, we're crazy and yet we all show up outside with smiles on our faces and clothes on our kids (usually!). It's nice to know that we're all alike!! Emma's blog is priceless I just stumbled upon it and I love the way she writes and spells..that is too cute. How did you know to take your boy into the dr about Strep? Luke's been running a fever and has a sore throat and cough, but I wasn't going to take him in. Do you think I should? Fun living by you...

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Too bad Joel couldn't have helped and saved you the $100. :( But , he is never home so you probably wouldn't have got him. Nice that you got a new dryer! I was laughing out loud at Jarad's comment to the kids about how it is their Christmas! Don't you ♥ when the unexpected happens???

Everyday Moments said...

Whoa! Sounds like you need some CALGON! Don't you wish we had time for more relaxing at this time of the year. I hate it when an appliance breaks...I'm thinking I may have to invest in a new washer...mine leaks every now and then. I guess I'm just waiting for the flood and then I'll know for sure.

Commenting back on the note you left on my blog. I so agree with you about the stairs. I really only like having them at Christmastime just so I can decorate the banister. But, I have to live with them the rest of the year too!

Anonymous said...

Oh I can just picture the whole scene, every one of them, the purchasing of the dryer, the mound of clothes, Jarad telling the kids about their Christmas gift, the decorating the tree etc. What madness. And you handle it all so well.

I bought Carpenter's Christmas yesterday and of course you were on my mind! We've had some great Christmas Season's together. Sure miss you Kate.