Monday, October 12, 2009

The Proposal

In the middle of our very lazy Sunday afternoon we heard a knock on the door. Case sprinted through the house and flung open the door to find his best friend in the whole wide world standing on the doorstep.

But apparently Case was not the reason said friend had come-a-calling.

"My mom says I can marry Tess this week," says he.

"Well," I say, "You better ask Tess about this and see what she has to say!"

Tess comes to the door and Sam says "My mom says we can get married this week."

"What do you think about that?" I ask Tess.

"Yes!" She says to me.

"You better tell Sam then."

"Yes!" She says to Sam.

Then of course Fisher has to pipe in. "Then are you guys going to KISS??"

Simultaneously Sam and Tess answer:
Sam - "YES!"
Tess - "NO!" (in her way of letting you know that is the most incredulous idea that has ever crossed her mind)

"Well, when you get married you have to kiss," says the groom-to-be.

"Mom, I don't want to marry him anymore."

5 comments:

bethiepoos said...

hahhaha hilarious

Wyndi Curtis said...

Thats our Tess. Telling it like it is. Hey Katie check me out I added pictures.
Wyndi

Jillian said...

My poor spurned little lover. Anna suggested another possible bride-to-be but she wouldn't do for Sam. Maybe in another 20 years or so Tess will be open to the smooching idea.

Alli grins said...

Smart girl! There's plenty of time for that, but Sam IS quite a catch:-)

Cheryl said...

Oh... Poor little Sam. He has already be commanded to buy an engagement ring for my little girl,but I guess that kind of forcefulness doesn't really appeal to him!