Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Geography Lessons

Sunday morning we were talking about a book I'm reading to the kids. In it the parents tell the kids they are moving to NEW JERSEY. Of course I say this like New Jersey is the last place anyone would want to move (Arizona a close second?), and Jarad says to Fisher, "Do you even know where New Jersey is Fish?" Fisher says, in a tone and manner only Fisher can, "No, but I KNOW SAN DIEGO!" I don't know why this struck us as so funny, but the way he said it was so FISHER.

A few minutes later Emma was talking about how we are all brothers and sisters because Jesus is our older brother. I said "yeah, even a little girl in China is your sister, right?" Jarad pipes in again: "Emma, do you know what China is?" Emma: "Yep, it's a little village where they speak Spanish."

I guess our kids need a little lesson in Geography.

2 comments:

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

OK, we had almost the exact conversation with our kids the other day...right down to the China thing. They think that Spanish is spoken there also...is it a Stastny thing? Or all little kids?

The Curtis Family said...

:) Hopefully all little kids. I remember trying to dig to China as a kid, so maybe there's some fixation on China for the Stastnys.