When I go to the gym I take the kids with me and they "get" to play in the KidsClub. So yesterday I finish my workout and go to pick up the kids. Mind you, I've been taking them there for a couple of months now, at least four times a week, so we aren't really strangers.
As I'm waiting for the ladies to round up my brood, Tess rides on a little push toy over to the door where I'm standing, yelling "mommy!!" One of the caregivers is standing there next to the door talking to me and doesn't see Case come running up behind Tess, pull her to the ground and get on the push toy. She looks down only as Tess is going postal on Case, screaming, hitting and pulling his hair. I reach over the wall and (very calmly, mind you, and not missing a beat in the conversation) pull her off him and I'm totally laughing. The lady says something like "wow she's scrappy!" and I say "whatever, he totally deserved it."
The look on this woman's face was absolute horror. She said "he deserved to have his hair pulled?" I say "they fight like this all the time. He pushed her off the airplane." She says "that means he DESERVES it???!!!" I kind of get a little sheepish at this point and say "well, I was kidding." And I proceed to pick Case up over the wall and begin to leave.
"Oh, he's yours too?" lady asks. It's beginning to register. "What, are they twins or something?" yes. "Oh." She laughs. "Then I guess it's OK for you to say that."
She thought I was the absolute worst person in the world! I waited until I got to the car before I DIED laughing.
1 year ago
3 comments:
Yes-that is HILARIOUS!! If only people knew how wicked our "twin" minds think!
That is so funny...I'm impressed you could wait to but out laughing til you got to the car!
That is a classic! That lady probably felt really dumb. You are a great mom.
Post a Comment