In the last couple of weeks I've been consumed with reading two books: A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I am normally one to read a book and be done with it. It's a rare book that draws me in so completely that I am still thinking about it after I've started the next. But I cannot stop thinking about these books. Both of them were so well written and are really beautiful pieces of literature, but it's the stories that are haunting me. Because they're real.
Both books are disturbing, The Kite Runner a little more so. So let that be my disclaimer. And neither are particularly happy stories in the American sense. But if you want to read a really good ... REALLY GOOD ... book, pick up one of these.
1 year ago
1 comment:
Kate- I just finished reading The Thousand Splendid Suns as well! I loved it and it was on my mind for quite a while. I'm excited/anxious to start Kite Runner after school's out because I hear it's so much more graphic... I'm now onto Life of Pi, which I think you'd like too.
Post a Comment