Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rookie Mistake

You'd think that as a mom of four kids I'd have known better.

Today I'd just gotten out of the shower (yes, it was high noon, but cut me some slack, I'd just come home from the gym) and I hear Tess shouting into my room from the hallway "Mom can we go out back?" This from a kid who whines every time I say it's time to go out back to play. "Sure, you can go out back!" I holler back, smiling smugly and thinking that it's finally gotten through to her that outside is a great place to be.

A couple of minutes later I hear the twins playing outside my bedroom window, cute little voices, clearly having fun! I open my blinds to take a fly-on-the-wall peek, and lo and behold, there is Case's bare bum climbing up onto the trampoline. Tess is already on the trampoline, also naked from the waist down.

Apparently when she asked "can we GO out back" she was referring to a different kind of GO. I hurried out to make them presentable once more to find a roll of toilet paper strewn across the bushes beneath my bedroom window. Both kids had pooped in the bushes. Never say yes to something unless you know what you're agreeing to.

Now, if you stopped by yesterday to see my ponderings about green poop, you won't be surprised to hear that I had to have Case show me precisely where he had left his treasure since his poop remains same color as the rosemary bushes.

I'm starting to understand that Web site's fixation with #2.

2 comments:

bethiepoos said...

hahha that was the best story i have ever heard!!

Dana said...

Oh, that is a funny story. Kids are always up to something