I was cleaning up for dinner and found this beaut sitting on the table. I'm guessing it was prompted by the fact that Emma got herself grounded for not coming straight home from school. You see, Emma feels like it's her responsibility to make sure everyone ELSE gets home safely before she heads home. I think she might get this trait from my mother, who would make sure everyone else was out of the Relief Society Room on Sundays before she felt comfortable leaving. Whether or not she was RS president :). Emma has two friends who are supposed to wait for their older siblings, and three out of the last five school days, she has decided to wait with them rather than coming straight home. But this means she comes home a good 10 to 15 minutes later than she would normally, and that sends me into a tiny panic. I have loaded everyone up in the car and gone to find her more than once. And she's gotten in trouble each time. She told me yesterday "it's hard for a first grader to remember all these rules!"
So anyway, here's the note we got after Jarad had his talk with her too...

It says:
Dear Mommy and Daddy,
When are you gonna be nicer?
Love you,
EEC (her initials)
4 comments:
THAT IS SOOO FUNNY!!! I can't get over it.
Thanks for the book recommendation...I will definetly be reading it :)
Ha ha that is TOO funny! Well after all there is a LOT of rules to remember! :) Just wait until she's in High School and her chaperone's go off on their own! :) ha ha just kidding!
Busted! Aren't kids great for keeping you humble? Love this note from Emma. Katie, you have such a great blog! Reading it always makes me laugh and gives me something to think about. You have an amazing family....may the FORCE be with you;-)
That is LOL funny!!!!
Post a Comment