Monday, March 10, 2008

Slow News Day(s)

I haven't had much fun going on in my life lately. At least nothing anyone else would think is fun! I had to take a reading break (OK I was grounded from reading for a week) and actually spent time (gasp!) cleaning the house, helping kids with homework, working. You know, things responsible adults with a sense of priorities (ie NOT reading) would do.

So a couple of tidbits:

1. I talked to my mom yesterday who was shocked -- SHOCKED -- to read my answers on the Tag survey and find that I did NOT list the following songs to which I know all the lyrics. I'm sure if my sisters read the survey, they probably had the same reaction:
1. The Lonely Goatherd (OK anything from the Sound of Music soundtrack)
2. Copacabana
3. Delta Dawn

I decided what I need to do is create a list of songs I know the lyrics to. I think even I would be impressed. Stay tuned (pun intended), I'll post it someday.

2. Fisher is just a loud kid. No other way to put it. He'll get on a kick of saying something, and he'll just walk around saying whatever it is -- very loudly and over and over again. For a few days. Regardless of where he is or who else is around... Until he finds something else that sticks in his craw. A while ago it was "laugh it up fuzzball" from Star Wars. Then it was a word he made up as a sound effect for his crashing cars: Ka-BOOSH (Case picked up on this one too. Lots of fun for my ears). After that it was actually singing the theme from Star Wars (although he would get the main theme and Darth Vader's anthem mixed up and get upset with himself that he always gravitated toward the Dark Lord's song). The last couple of days it's been "This is my beloved Son. Hear Him." Talk about a difference in theme! I guess it's appropriate to be on a Christ kick, with Easter coming up and all. We'll see how long this one lasts...

3. Finally, courtesy of my sister in law Wyndi, another photo of the Curtis Family Multiples. Joe and Wyndi invited us over for some of her famous cinnamon rolls last week (Jarad has very few weaknesses - cinnamon rolls, Wyndi's in particular, are one of them). Wyndi snapped this cute picture of our two sets of twins chowing down. No doubt there was a sticky mess when they finished, but they sure were cute (and quiet!) while they were sitting together eating!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Hi Katie..I found your blog through Annes...I can't believe how big your kids are now!!
I also read Kite Runner and was so affected by it that I have been nervous to read Thousand Splendid Suns...I really liked Kite Runner but lets just say I was disturbed..did you see the movie? I haven't yet...but wanted to! Did you think SUNS was as disturbing as RUNNER? Just wondering! I think I have to gear up emotionally before I can take it on :)

nicole said...

What cute pictures of the twins! I love how each set is coordinate. My mom used to always do that with my sisters too. Thanks again for your help today. It's always good to know there is someone I can count on in a crisis! =)