Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Stuffed Animal Charades

I think I've mentioned before that a Curtis family tradition is to play Charades after Family Home Evening. After all, there's a spot for "game" on our FHE chart, so that means we HAVE to do it, right? Last night was no different. Fisher always starts it off and ends up just acting crazy until someone guesses something that sounds interesting to him (like "a bull stabbing the matador with his horns!" or "a dog break dancing!") then he points to whoever said it and it's their turn. Anyway, last night I was the lucky guesser, but before I could get up for my turn he says that his new stuffed dog "Bluey" guessed it before I did. So it's Bluey's turn. Fisher sets him down in front of the group, gets on his knees to whisper in the dog's ear to tell him what he should act out, and returns to the couch for us all to guess what the inanimate Bluey is acting out.

Some of our guesses:
A stuffed animal
A dog
A bunny (it's a dog with bunny ears on it)
A cat
etc. and so on.

After a bunch of incorrect guesses, Fisher decides it's time to step in. "You guys give up?" Yes Fisher, we give up.

HE'S A STATUE!!

Seriously. How clever is that?

2 comments:

Kyle said...

What a smart kid! Too funny! I love your new header...your kids are so cute!

Kyle said...

I am also having a hard time reading Atonement...I am only on page 50 and have been trying to read it for a couple of days..I guess it gives me some hope (or maybe dread) that by page 200 its good..hope I can hang in that long..just kidding!