Sunday, April 27, 2008

ditching stake conference

We were getting ready for church today and Tess came to me and said "I tired Mommy, I take a nap. Ni-night." And she went in her room, closed the door and laid down on the floor. This is 8 a.m. and she'd only been up for about 20 minutes. About 10 minutes later she came back into the kitchen and puked on my feet. So I'm staying home today with the twins while Jarad took the older kids to church. Secretly, I'm OK with this. :)

Speaking of church-y kinds of things...
I heard yesterday afternoon that President Monson has announced a new temple in GILBERT ARIZONA! How fun! The speculation is that it will be located at Greenfield and Pecos, a mere stone's throw from where I live. We are so excited! I told Emma this last night and she said "WOW! Now we can ride our bikes to the temple!!"

AND, I can't believe I forgot to mention this when I was posting yesterday... Grandma and Grandpa Curtis (Jarad's dad and step-mom) have gotten their mission call! To Atlanta, GA as welfare and employment missionaries. We went over there Thursday night to watch them open their call, and we couldn't be more excited for them. They report to the MTC on May 26. Yikes, talk about a quick turnaround!

So it's a revolving door when it comes to our kids' grandparents on missions... Grandma and Grandpa Stastny (my parents) are being released on May 12 from their mission in San Diego. We get to see them as they drive from SD to SLC (OK they are going a tad bit out of their way to come see us, and we can't WAIT!!).

1 comment:

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

I am SO excited for this temple! It's sooo close!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Katie & Jarad! (left another message on the last post)