Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ten Years Later...

So Jarad and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary yesterday. Can you believe it? It's gone by so fast. I feel like we're still newlyweds. That's good, right?

Jarad had the day off of work, but the kids didn't (love it when that happens), so we sent the older kids off to school and arranged to have Grandpa and Grandma Curtis babysit the twins and we just hung out together. It was such a great day. We went out to lunch and to all the shops we love but that are too much of a pain to drag four kids to. Basically we just enjoyed each other's company. Oh, and Jarad surprised me with a 10th Anniversary diamond band. It is bee-yoo-tee-ful. (see photo below)

So in keeping with the 10th theme, here are the Top Ten Things I Love About Jarad:

1. He's just good. As in, decisions come easy to him. There is never a deliberation over what should or should not be done in any given situation. This is one of the first things I came to love about Jarad. I think I envy him that.

2. He's perceptive. He picks up on little things the kids do/say that indicate a need they might have, and then he acts on them. Most of the time I'm so busy trying to keep the household running that I miss these things. I'm so glad he's here to catch them.

3. He's dedicated. Decides running is his thing? Almost never misses a workout. Decides to attend the temple weekly? Done. Whatever he puts his mind to, he just does it, or does his best at it.

4. He's patient. When I've had it with the noise and bickering and the neediness of the kids, he's the go-to guy.

5. He's a hard worker. At home and at work.

6. He's witty. Sometimes his wit even goes right over my head. :)

7. He's the best gift giver. He puts so much thought into the gifts he gets people -- not just me. If you get a gift from Jarad, it's usually spot on. Except maybe the time he brought a Johnny Cash CD to the family white elephant Christmas exchange (and this was well before Joaquin Phoenix brought him back). Not everyone appreciates Johnny the way Jarad does.

8. He says it like it is. Anyone who knows Jarad knows what you see is what you get, and that's never more true than with the words that come out of his mouth. As a wife, sometimes the truth hurts, but I've learned to stop asking him if things make my butt look big.

9. He encourages me to be my best. I love sharing goals with Jarad because he keeps me on task (most of the time without my even knowing it).

10. He's still a hotty. I know we're still young (OK he is), but he's every bit as good looking and strong, in shape, etc. as when we met. Actually, even more so. I can't say the same for me (I'm working on it... see #9).

For the fun of it, here's a picture of us on our wedding day. April 25, 1998.



And here's the ring. The new one is the one on the bottom -- the top one is my original wedding ring.

4 comments:

Summer said...

wow...nice ring! does jarad give husband lessons? brandon is pretty good but could use some help in the gift dept. happy anniversary!

Kyle said...

What a pretty ring! Good job Jarad! I know what you mean about feeling like newlyweds...Benson and I are coming up on 9 years and I can't believe it! Time flies!

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

I ♥ your wedding pic! You two are adorable! You have the cutest family, are so in love and are just GREAT people. We still need to double sometime!

Also, loved the pic of Tess with the mascara. I ♥ to read your blog. Our lives are so similar in some ways ;)

bethiepoos said...

aww katie
you 2 are soo sweet! so glad you are my next-door neighbors