The unavoidable is here. I've put it off as long as I can. It's time to potty train the twins. I waited until we were done with all our road tripping (for obvious reasons), but alas... it is time.
And I'm totally dreading it! I have no idea what I'm doing!
You see, with our older kids we had this wonderful secret weapon in our arsenal. Her name is Christy. She watched our kids while Jarad and I both went to work. So in all honesty, she did the majority of the potty training, and I am FREAKING OUT about having to figure out how to do it, two at a time! Christy, if you're out there, HELP! (Christy is also a mother to triplets, so she knows exactly what I'm going through here)
Tess is actually driving this effort. I knew it was coming, but she has gotten up the last two mornings in a row, taken off her diaper and gone potty on the Dora Potty (I love having to give "potty candy" to kids at 7 a.m.). So today I busted out those thick training panties and she has only had one teeny accident so far. Go Tessie!
Case, on the other hand, is fighting it tooth and nail. I coaxed him into wearing a pull-up, but twice already today I've put him on the potty, he sits and sits and finally says "I can't." Both times I've taken him off the potty and was getting ready to put his pull-up back on and he pees on the floor. So I dediced to try to bribe him with Scooby Doo underpants. "Don't pee on Scooby! He'll be so sad!" He just peed on Scooby.
So that's day one. And it's only 1 p.m. I have a feeling I'll have more stories in the coming weeks, so if you're sensitive to yarns about bodily functions, you might want to take a break from The Curti.
Wish me luck!!
1 year ago
1 comment:
You are brave! We are starting to introduce the idea to Nate...but he's not ready (or maybe I'm not ready...hard to tell)!
Post a Comment