Sunday, July 13, 2008

Timpanogos Hike and Cave Tour

I made what I considered to be an awesome trade one afternoon with my sister Karin. She has a granddaughter who was born two weeks before the twins as well as a six-month-old grandson. When she heard Jarad and I were wanting to take our two older kids to hike to the Timp caves, she piped in with the offer to watch our twins (she was already watching Avarie and Wyatt that afternoon... how hard could it be?) if we took her two teenaged kids with us on the hike. I didn't hesitate for a SECOND to accept that offer! So here's me with Emma, Fisher, Jayme (happy 18th Jaymes!), Josh (15) and Grumps on our way up the 1.5 mile 1000+ foot elevation gain hike. I took a cue from Emma and her cousins on the hand signals in this pic. (Karin's adventure was much greater than ours, I assure you.)



Fisher was the funniest ever on the tour. Every time Ranger Logan would explain something, he would ask if anyone had any questions. Of course, Fisher always did. Just to hear himself speak. For example, Ranger Logan had just finished telling us why this room was the wettest in the cave. Any questions? Fisher raises his hand. "Um... why ... um ... why ... is ... Why is this the wettest room in the cave?" Every single time.

Here are some random pics from the hike/tour.



1 comment:

Kyle said...

That looks like a fun hike...cute pictures too!