I have always had a deep respect for my husband. In his innate sense for what's right. In his patients with our kids (and others'). In his beyond-his-years wisdom.
Now it's gone even further.
He invited me to do a swim workout with him the other day. I cannot hang! I swam a couple of laps and was sucking in air, holding on to the edge of the pool, willing myself to just ... swim ... one ... more ... length! I can't believe these crazy triathletes who get out in open water, where there are no lane lines and no walls to hang onto. Who knows WHERE in the heck the bottom is! They swim 1/2 mile, a mile, and longer with no options to stop or hang on!
So my props go out to Jarad and my sister Kristin (who recently placed 2nd in a half-ironman and has a sponsor!) and all those other insane triathletes out there. More power to ya. I'll stick with my pool swim, thank you very much.
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment