1 year ago
Friday, August 29, 2008
I love a good storm!
Last night around 9:30 I stood by the back door to watch the amazing storm we were having. Lightning everywhere you looked. At one point there were several loud loud bursts of thunder right above our house. But I realized while I was standing at the door that the low rumble I was hearing wasn't an airplane flying overhead. It was the storm. I don't know if it was just a 30-minute thunder cell we were in, or if it was the electricity in the air or what, but it was eerie. Just a constant grumble like my stomach on fast Sunday. I touched the glass of our back door and it was vibrating (no wind). It was so cool! It would have made the perfect backdrop for a Halloween party!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Stop, your making me home sick for Arizona during those late summer storms. I miss that. The heavy smell of rain, the lightning, and the overpowering sound of thunder. It doesn't just boom though, does it? It rolls, like you were talking about. Love it!
soo poetic katie! I loved the metiphor about the stomach growling!
Eric still thinks I'm weird when I get excited about lightening storms, but growing up in AK they were very rare! I'm surprised it didn't wake your kids up
Post a Comment