There's something seriously wrong when you're in a group of great people, having a nice chit chat or something, and all you want to do is go home to read your new book. And it's even MORE wrong when you know that half the group you're with feels the same way! This has been the case since yesterday morning when I got my hands on the just-released fourth book in Stephenie Meyers' Twilight series. I went to the lake with our YM/YW yesterday played the martyr when I volunteered to stay on the beach to "watch our stuff." I really just wanted to sink my teeth into the book (pardon the vampire pun). I'm the lucky one who got to watch the stuff -- our YW president was also hooked and she "had" to go tubing with the girls :).
I got home from the lake and went straight to my brother in law's birthday party where three of us had started the book already and secretly wanted to just hole up in the bathroom and read. My niece Madison actually went out to the car, ostensibly to accompany her mother to the store for more hamburger buns, but she just sat out there and read the book in the middle of the party. I'm not mocking, I'm jealous! Brilliant move Madi!
And I don't need to say anything about being at church this morning. The hallways were all abuzz with talk of Edward and Bella (and Jacob). If only we could get this many people excited to read the Book of Mormon and talk about it!
Anyway, obviously nothing else is going on in my life right now, since I'm so distracted until I finish the behemoth 900ish page book.
Oh, school starts tomorrow? Hope the kids make it OK :).
1 year ago
1 comment:
You are too funny! Thanks for working out with me this morning. Claire was exhausted and asleep in the car on the way home. She's still napping, so it's vampire time for me too. Only on about page 250, so you know I'll be oblivious to the world around me until I finish;-)
Post a Comment