Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh my fenders...

Kung Fu Panda is the movie of choice this week among my chitlins. Case has been walking around the last couple of days saying "Oh my fenders," a misquote of the chubby panda in the movie who is bemoaning his injured private parts when he says "Oh my tenders."

When the movie first came out Emma would walk around the house exclaiming "Oh my tenders!" at any little bump, regardless of where it was on her body. Apparently "all the kids" at school were saying this, and she had no idea what it meant, other than "ouch." I explained, in the most "tender" way I could, what she was saying and she was horrified. Problem solved. Phrase forgotten.

Until a couple of weeks ago. I was reading the kids the hot lunch menu for the week and one day it featured "Chicken Tenders." It was all I could do not to fall on the floor laughing at the expression on Emma's face when she said "Mom! Are they really...???!!!???" I just about had a vegetarian on my hands that day.

8 comments:

Everyday Moments said...

Thanks for the laugh!!!

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

HILARIOUS!!!

The Bastin's said...

Oh my gosh Katie that is the funniest thing!!

Cami D. said...

Ha ha ok so that was me that said that not the person above me. I was fixing her blog and didn't sign out! I'm still laughing!!

Ali said...

That is cute - the tenders comment made it's rounds through our home as well.

Got your comment on my blog - that is exactly what they said. Winston Churchill eh, he sure has some great quotes!

Ali said...

I just went back read your comment and double check that it was W.C. (nice, after I post the comment!). And yeah, yeah, like you said, great minds think alike! Especially when it involves chocolate ;)

Summer said...

that is too funny! i'll never think of chicken tenders the same...

Anne said...

That literally made me laugh out loud and I think it is funny enough to send around as an email forward. That is just too funny how that all came together. I was towel drying Luke after baths the other night and he goes "Ouch, my tenders!" and I was like "what did you say?!" and he said it was from Kung-fu Panda. I guess we learned that too. Lovely, isn't it?