Thursday, February 21, 2008

THE GREAT CORNHOLIO



I went today with Emma's first-grade class to the Symphony of the Southwest performance of Peter and the Wolf. I am responsible, as a chaperone, for five first graders, two of whom were (um how do I say this nicely?) "spirited." I had already told these two boys several times to keep their feet off the chairs in front of them. To stop turning around to talk to the kids behind them. To be quiet, please, and listen to the performance (which was abbreviated and narrated, so it really wasn't too much to ask of this age group).

At one point, they got curiously quiet, and I looked over at them and they both had their tee shirts pulled up over their heads, a la The Great Cornholio. It was seriously all I could do NOT to crack up and be just as disruptive as they had been earlier. I was silently dying in laughter! It was easily the high point of the field trip for me.

No comments: