So there's a running joke in my family that my sister Kristin is my parents' favorite. At least I THOUGHT it was a joke until I opened this book my mom sent to me a couple of years ago as she and my dad were getting rid of stuff before they went on their mission.
It's a children's book that, evidently, was given to the Stastny Children, but ESPECIALLY to Kristin. WHAT?!?! At first, I thought certainly Mom wrote that in before she sent it to me two years ago (totally something she would do). But upon closer inspection, the ink is faded too much to be that recent, and it's her "younger" handwriting (sorry Mom, not that you have "old" handwriting now, but you know what I mean).
This is an atrocity! Such utter and blatant favoritism!
I can only deduce, since the book was about Baptism, that it was given to "us" on Kristin's 8th birthday when she was baptized. Mom, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. If it's not true and you did really mean that it's "especially" for Kristin Lee, please don't ever tell me. I'll still have some dignity. And a sliver of hope that secretly I'm the favorite.
1 comment:
I always thought her middle name was spelled Leigh, like mine. If I have her middle name, does that pass on the favoriteness as well?
Post a Comment