
Now, this isn't a discussion on partisan politics or anything... I just wanted to let everyone know I am proud to say that I voted in today's primary election. I dragged my two two-year-olds and my four-year-old to expose them to America's greatest asset: democracy. Actually, I just needed to vote so I can have complaining rights if Hilary wins. GASP did I just say that? No, I promised to be non-partisan.
The lines were actually quite impressive given it was 10 a.m. and it's only the primaries! Thankfully the kids were well behaved, and I only let them scream if I suspected a person in front of or behind us in line was an Obama supporter.
So I voted today, did you?
5 comments:
Good job Katie! We're heading off to do our civic duty in a couple of hours. The Republican polls are only at the one bowling alley in town, and only open from 4-10pm. Uggg. I too, will be taking 3-6 unhappy children with me, as Matt is working, and I am watching my SIL's kids while she's in Junaue. (so did not spell that right, but Matt's not here to correct me and roll his eyes) :)
Allow me Jenn, it's Juneau (rolls eyes). Matt is SO my brother :).
GOOD LUCK! Here's to short lines and well-behaved kids (especially since it's an R-ONLY primary!).
Hey, at least I know that Washington DC is back east, not in the state. (unlike some, who shall remain nameless)
nuh-uh. You must name that person.
uh hu! I just emailed it to you:)
Post a Comment